Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Silent Meow

My cat does this weird silent meow sometimes, so I Googled "silent meow" just out of curiosity.

From the first paragraph of the first search result:

When referencing her cats, a good friend of mine says, "My cats are just little people in fur coats who walk on all fours and speak a different language. I don't understand a word they are saying to me!"


The next paragraph begins: "When I was a child, one of my favorite books was 'Alice through the Looking Glass' by Lewis Carroll." Stopped reading after that.

Another search result describes a silent meow thusly:

Your cat will look up at you and tilt his head ever so slightly, open his mouth, and a slight almost hiccup like noise will come out. This is the highest form of "please" a cat can offer.


Why is all cat journalism written by insane cat ladies? Where are all the cat scientists at? Get at me.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Better question - why can't Riley learn to meow like a normal cat? And why did always insist on watching me pee every morning in the Uber Street house?