Monday, December 31, 2007

Top 10 Albums of 2007


(Photo cred: Michael Persico)

It's past around that time of year again — when I rehash already-published content to create the illusion that I'm updating top 10 albums time.

1 LCD Soundsystem Sound of Silver (DFA)
2 Battles Mirrored (Warp)
3 Aesop Rock None Shall Pass (Definitive Jux)
4 Kanye West Graduation (Island Def Jam/Roc-a-Fella)
5 The Shins Wincing the Night Away (Sub Pop)
6 Arcade Fire Neon Bible (Merge/Rough Trade)
7 Mark Ronson Version (Columbia)
8 The White Stripes Icky Thump (XL)
9 Freeway Free at Last (G-Unit/Island Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella)
10 M.I.A. Kala (Interscope/XL)

My obsession with Sound of Silver began, actually, around this time last year, when I started listening to it over and over for a DIW cover story. Back then, I declared it my fave of 2007 before the year even really started, and not a damn thing came close to topping it. I blurbed it here (click on sixth album cover in top row).

Check out the list in all its sortable glory on CP's site.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

No comments: