Friday, August 24, 2007

FRESHIE: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem



UPDATE (09 Sept 07): Dead video embed fixed.

Brand-new, farcically violent trailer for the next installment in the Alien vs. Predator series. Or, as my good friend Ryan Beck tends to call it, Alien vs. Pledator.

Watch for the asploding cranial action @ 1:50. Coddamn.



Can't really blame the lovely Sanaa Lathan for avoiding this sequel the same way I avoid anything with Ed Burns in it. Regardless, I'm confident that Shareeka Epps will hold it down. Leaked plot details indicate that her character will catch Predator -- as troubled as he is gifted -- smoking crack in the girls' locker room, a watershed moment that creates a powerful but delicate connection between them. One girl from the wrong side of the tracks. One humanoid killing machine bent on eradicating his wretched extraterrestrial foes. They aren't as different as they seem...but will their precipitous search for understanding destroy the very bond they so fought so hard to forge?

music: Broken Social Scene, "Shampoo Suicide"

For a good five minutes, I contemplated not posting this until tomorrow because I didn't want to tip my hand to the fact that I'm sitting around at 10:30 on a Friday night watching sci-fi movie trailers on YouTube. But they say there comes a point in every man's underpaid college graduate's life when these types of things stop being socially mortifying and start being, well, comforting.

When I reach that point, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

i can't figure out how to post videos :(