Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prinzhorn Dance School, "Up! Up! Up!"



The Horn (Tobin and Suzi) is no joke. They're gonna be huge. I recently had the chance to (e-mail) interview them for a short profile that's coming out sometime soon, and they gave some of the most infectiously glib British answers ever. I loved every e-second of it.

Me: How did you align to form Prinzhorn? Suzi, what is your background music-wise?

Suzi: No previous musical experience what so ever. I am not ready to share my life beyond my music. We met and wrote some songs I guess like any other band.

Me: Could you tell me just a bit about the debut? (For starters, what's it called?) Do you feel that it's along the same lines as the 7-inch single, or do you anticipate fans being surprised by the record as a whole?

Tobin: It doesn't have a title yet. I don't really have an idea of what a horn fan is or what they expect from a horn record. I don't like the word fan anyway, I think that's a patronizing term. But if people love the record that will be an amazing reward for everything we put into making it. If I didn't like the record I would have buried the masters somewhere and started again.

Mark my words: The Horn will be huge.

(Thanks Aaron)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beatniks?!

Drew said...

Attractive beatniks, to be sure.

Werd said...

Do you think the cupcakes they made are any good? Any better than the banana Tobin eats which, apparently, is awful?

I feel like I just watched them have the beginning of a hipster sleepover.