Monday, May 07, 2007

Buy a tee, help Sudan



If you're interested, please get in touch by WEDNESDAY, MAY 9.


********


For those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing my younger sister, just know that she is probably the most selfless, goodhearted girl named Emily person ever. While I'm off writing self-important rap music reviews and passing out on my couch/cat while watching America's Next Top Model, she's organizing massive human rights fundraisers and kicking the asses of numerous college admissions offices up and down the East Coast. I'm writing here to bring your attention to a project she's working on. She spearheaded it all by herself, and I think it'll have spectacular results — with just a bit of your help.


My sister is working with
Students Against Genocide to run a T-shirt program that raises funds for the International Rescue Committee and several other organizations (full list here) contributing to relief efforts in Sudan. Just $12 will get you your very own shirt (color choices and sizes below). But just how much of that $12 goes to these organizations? It's like this: As of today, Emily has collected around 200 shirt orders, which puts the cost of a single shirt at $6.35. This means $5.65 of your cash goes to charity (price chart here). If she can get that number up to 300 or more, however, that same donation jumps to $5.85. Doesn't seem like a big deal, right?

Consider this: That extra 20 cents translates into an extra $20 per 100 shirts sold. For every dollar the IRC spends, 90 cents goes to programs and services. In short, it's no joke.


I'm not trying to be pushy, preachy or anything of the sort. It just strikes me as a simple way to support an important cause. If you want in, I'm all ears. Thanks!


********


If you're interested, please get in touch by WEDNESDAY, MAY 9.

Mail me: andrewlazor[at]gmail[dot]com.


COLORS: BLUE, RED, ORANGE, GREEN


SIZES (MEN'S AND WOMEN'S): S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL

No comments: