Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Whitlock = the truth


"Solo..."

God bless you, Jason Whitlock. The (now former) Page 2 columnist and occasional Kornheiser-baiting jolly-talkin' head has left ESPN, and now he's torching bridges at speeds comparable to Wonder Boy. I don't know what's more amusing--white Deadspin commenters treading oh-so-softly while cracking middle-of-the-taste-road jokes, or Whit's take on Scoop "In Case You Forgot, Let Me Remind You, In Exceedingly Irritating Terms, That I Am African-African; And Yeah, We Listen To Rap" Jackson:

"
...there’s a big dropoff from being associated with Ralph [Wiley], Hunter [S. Thompson] and Bill [Simmons] than being linked to someone doing a bad Nat X impersonation. It pissed me off that the dude tried to call himself the next Ralph Wiley and stated some shit about carrying Ralph’s legacy. Ralph was one of my best friends. I hate to go all Lloyd Bentsen, but Scoop Jackson is no Ralph Wiley. Ralph was a grown-ass man who didn’t bojangle for anybody. Scoop is a clown. And the publishing of his fake ghetto posturing is an insult to black intelligence, and it interferes with intelligent discussion of important racial issues. Scoop showed up on the scene and all of a sudden I’m getting e-mails from readers connecting what I write to Scoop. And his stuff is being presented like grown folks should take it seriously. Please. I guess I’ll go Bill Cosby on you, but it’s about time we as black people quit letting Flavor Flav and the rest of these clowns bojangle for dollars. There’s going to be a new civil-rights movement among black people and the people bojangling for dollars are going to be put in check."

In the words of Kelso: burn.


(Nice Lloyd Bentsen reference.)

No comments: