Friday, September 29, 2006

Shameless self-promotion of the hyperlink variety


"BUY MY BOOK!"

(I have the nagging feeling that this isn't the first time I've used an image of
The Riddler Matthew Lesko to lead a post. Sigh.)

Lately, I've gotten out of the habit of linking all my
City Paper stories, mostly because I'm a low-energy kinda guy, and it's a bit presumptuous to boot. BUT, in honor of our stellar 25th anniversary issue (and new website! Shoutout to mensches [menschi?] BH and Marc Steel), here are a couple thang-a-thangs I've penned as of late:

- Story summaries:
1 2 3 (We looked back at some memorable pieces, tried our damndest to encapsulate them in excerpt form and wrote short ledes/conclusions for each. So trill.)
-
Tales From The Truck (Jimmy Pretzels is the dude.)
-
Want Some Moore? (I went around with original CP food columnist Holly Moore and ate a bunch of food. Good times.)
- I, uh, "helped out" with a
Pauly Shore interview. God bless The Wiez.
-
Gettin' Some (I quotheth Sir Young Jeezy: "Yeeeeeahhhhhhh.")
- I've also been doing a bit of posting on the oh-so-revamped
Clog.
- You know what? Eff it all, here's this week's
Feeding Frenzy, too. Aren't you glad that you now know that Spoons Coffeehouse has a full breakfast menu? I know so.

Alright, enough of this. It's my frickin' day off, after all. Onto some even more irrelevant material...


********


Remember when we thought HeadOn (applydirectlytotheforehead)
was a tasteless attention-grabber?

At work awhile ago, I was trying to Google Chapterhouse, a restobar type place in Philly. I couldn't find their website right away; instead, I found
this. Like those VW ads: holy...

I initially found
this to be pretty clever, Rex Kwon Do rip-off be damned. Then, I realized it was produced by a kinda-scary Evangelical org called Fish Food. Eek. (Related: who's coming to see Jesus Camp with me? Shit looks crazy...I cannot wait. I pledge allegiance, to the Christian flag...)

Try it. Just try.

This week, on "you got to admit it's getting bettttahh...":
Philips with the weird dynamic weird graphic color weird tees. Also, did you know LED stands for "light-emitting diodes"? I certainly didn't. If you haven't heard it, it's new to you.

Lastly:



No comments: