Monday, July 03, 2006

Relax mode


Visit PushinDaisies.com for all your morbid novelty gift needs

I didn't have a whole lot to do last night, so I decided to watch a little TV. Here's what happened, somehow:


Shattered Glass
(excellent)
National Treasure
(the worst part: I'd seen it before in theaters)
Most of
Blade: Trinity (why, Drew, why?)
Harold and Kumar
(underrated)
Naked Weapon (so, so bad, but enjoyable)

What is wrong with me?

Me with a hamhanded profile of a
local baseball dude. Great kid.

According to
this, the British are drinking all the beer in Germany.

My little sis had
this linked in her profile. The intentions here are pure for sure, but I'm torn about what's less effective: a bunch of kids sleeping outside to end the plight of Africans, or using a Killers song as your rally cry.

I Dislike Your Favorite Team does the whole NBA Draft/Glengarry Glen Ross thing. (Deadspin)

You ever get really, really embarassed for someone, even though you don't know them and never will? Senator Ted Stevens' (
straight outta Juneau, bitches!) recent rant about Netflix somehow devolved into him attempting to explain how the Internet works to his colleagues. It's entirely clear he has no idea what he's talking about: "I just the other day got...an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday." I feel your pain, Ted. I ordered an internet on eBay more than two weeks ago and I still haven't received it. I'm thinking about sending the seller a strongly worded internet.

Last week, I had the pleasure of speaking with Casey, a bartender over the Khyber, for a CP article. We got to talking about his band,
Welcome To My Face. Casey's sales pitch: "We're awesome." I cannot disagree, sir.

Holy crap,
we found Noah's Ark. We think. After answering the poll question ("What do you think about the story of Noah's ark?"), I was surprised to see that 69 percent of voters believe it to be fact. Somewhere, Jerry Falwell's interns are clicking furiously to get rid of that sinful, sinful number.

Attention Jungle Boy(s):
Valley of the Dolls and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls are finally on DVD. I don't remember when I watched Beyond or who I was with, but I do recall getting completely sloppy on a weird beer I never, ever drink (I think it was Corona) and feeling semi-proud that I could identify the quote Sublime sampled for the beginning of "Smoke Two Joints."

From
Alexi Lalas' Wiki page: "His love for music is not surprising, given the considerable attention Alexi has received for his uncanny resemblance to Chris Barron, lead singer of the popular 90's rock band the Spin Doctors." Uh...citation needed?

4 comments:

Benny said...

Drew, I was so discouraged by MY sister's Myspace that I'm never going back. There are just some things you don't want to know about your younger siblings.

And the British may be drinking beer, but they sure aren't visiting the German brothels... From experience, lemmee tell ya that Typical British Football Fan + Booze = Impotence.

Anonymous said...

i am proud to have gotten referenced in your blog! invisible children was on oprah so its legite, right...? mom is actually watching national treasure as i type this, but only because her doctor friend's son is on it. the one from texas if you remember? i don't.

kibby said...

I love Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. I got it on dvd for my birthday and have watched it way too many times since getting it.

Drew said...

B: Typical British Football Fan + Booze = Impotence.

Ha!

E: Who is he in the movie? He's not the lame-o sidekick, is he? I wanted to kill that guy. The worst part is his character is named Riley. Way to ruin my cat's name.

K: Come to think of it, I watched that movie with you, Emmy and Alan. Hahaha.