Friday, July 21, 2006

Bikini Kill



This fella, one Louis Reard, invented the bikini 60 years ago this month. "A bikini is not a bikini unless it can be pulled through a wedding ring," he once quipped. Dear Louis, you are the dude. We salute you. And your Morty Seinfeld glasses.

Can someone please buy me the The Unofficial MacGyver How-To Handbook? It's a revised second edition, too.

I'm sure some of you have dreamed of becoming "YouTube famous," and let me assure you that there's nothing wrong with thinking big. It's just that some people I know are doing it bigger than others. Take, for example, my buddy Murtaugh (no relation to Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon), whose alcohol-induced, expletive-ridden tirade against some dumb WVU blonde makes for uber-pleasing viewage. Then, there's Oh My Todd, whose wealth of MySpace friends and kiddie-shirt-rocking prowess is matched only by his ability to appear in an oft-aired Comcast commercial. I saw that shit about a million times before realizing it was him. You can also catch a shot of Todd's head in Lady In The Water, which everyone hated but I really liked.

Philly's Icon The Mic King recently got himself into a pretty bad bike accident, which he chronicled here, complete with harrowing pictures. Sorry about that, man: get well soon.

Nick, my favorite contestant from last year's Project Runway (shut up, you know you watch it) is doing episode recaps for People online. "Meanwhile, Vincent "My Model Has a Hat that Looks Like a UFO Made out of a Basket" got stuck with Angela "I Am an Organic Farmer Who Breeds Gowns Instead of Cows." From the beginning, they were repelling like Diana Eng's magnets (remember her from last season?)!" Ah, classic Nick. I love that guy.

I wanted to point out the upcoming Skip Williamson retrospective at Trinity Art Gallery beginning August 4. Skip is the dude.

Doesn't this sound like the coolest multiplayer video game ever? Not that I'd play it. That shit's for the birds.

CP, all day:

Not by me: a great Q&A with crossword genius Matt Gaffney.
Dragon Gate Wrasslin'
"BooBies" (originally mentioned here)
One Track Mind: Mars Volta, "Viscera Eyes"

No comments: