Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sandwiches.



Help.

Earlier, I got a last-minute assignment for the
City Paper. I decided to try and compile a top five list of "signature sandwiches" served around the city. You know, really unique stuff that you can only get around here, only from specific places. Off the top of my head, I can think of two: McNally's Tavern's "The Schmitter," the amazingly delicious artery clogger pictured above, and the pork sandwich from Tony Luke's. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please don't hesitate to let me know. Hope you'll holler. I'm trying to avoid all things cheesesteak--pretty tired and cliche (even though the Schmitter is kind of a cheesesteak), so just keep that in mind. Thanks!

I really, really want a Schmitter right now.

2 comments:

Steve said...

You could go with just about anything from Primo's Hoagies. I recommend "The Whacked" sandwhich.

Paul Tsikitas said...

Garunteed the Schmitter sends you to the Shitter later.