Monday, March 13, 2006

Nice day for a sulk


See you in hell, motherfuckers

Cheers to the long-overdue end of a ridiculous era (via Philebrity).

Looking forward to the Crescent City opening on Friday. Just don't call their shit Cajun, or they'll toss cayenne in your pupils.

Project Runway's Tim Gunn vs. Tony Soprano.

Heard about this on the radio, and it was also linked over at the Tightened Corset. Distiller says he's doing it "purely for fun." Know this--as soon as the shit hits Irish shelves, the United Kingdom will be set on fire, an eternal flame spanning several countries (I'm talking to you, Wales). Related: Lou just got back from a spring break trip to the Emerald Isle. Go encourage him to post something.

Read up on Steve Blake's nickname. Never pegged him as a fan of British Romanticism. I always just thought he resembled Tim McVeigh, who, like William Blake, was a staunch libertarian. I smell hackneyed Da Vinci Code rip-off. Who's in?

My March Madness pool is officially, uh, official. We've already got a good amount of kids signed up, and more are on the way. I definitely don't foresee myself winning, but it's still going to be a lot of fun. If we go to school together, feel free to submit a bracket; it's a $10 buy-in (it'd be cool to include non-Philly area/MD in the fray, but that'd be a logstical nightmare in terms of fundage). Then again, PayPal is a wondrous thing.

Philly Writers collective. I can't come up with an interesting fiction idea to save my sordid life, but if I could, I would compare it stuff linked here to reaffirm how much I blow.

Came across the now-infamous
Daily Orange article calling McNamara overrated (hopefully it'll link without asking for registration; it's gone both ways for me). I wonder how many times Ethan's been burned in on-campus effigy since G hit that shot the shot against the Bearcats. Poor kid.

Will over at Nastack hasn't updated in nearly a month. Where's he at? Bring it back, dude.

Through The Fire was good. No Season On The Brink, but decent nonetheless (no Knight School). A few reviews made me think that it might be difficult to symphathize with Bassy, but the docu proved me wrong. You can't help but root for him in spite of his penchant for erratic behavior and ridiculously white teeth. After all, kid was barely 18 when Fire was filmed. And, although he's similar to Josh Hartnett in that it's almost unrealistic to believe that he's aged, he's living his damn life at a Jack-like pace. I had no idea he pulled a Ray-Allen-under-the-boardwalk-with-Rosario back in January.

Emynd with good Free Darko post re: the nature of improvisation.

ESPN posted a sample Wonderlic Test. I'm not going to lie--I had trouble with #13 and #11.

Old list of worst/best analogies ever found at CH Notebook. I sincerely admire some of these, especially "he was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree." Genius.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I'll let you know what Bertucci thinks about the retirement, as he hates Chaney very much.

GonzoMC said...

Lovin the links, as usual man. Don't know if I'm gonna get sucked into the pool though, given my tentative understanding of all things NCAA. Don't worry, I've enlisted a tutor.