Sunday, December 25, 2005

You get the wrap, I'll roll it



Here's hoping that I survive the egg nog- (not racially) fueled nuclear onslaught that is Christmas. I'll be back in posting rambling form once I pull all the pieces of yule-shrapnel from my festively ravaged body. Quick question: is it common practice to Sharpie over the price of an item if the price is written directly on the bottle/box/etc.? For example, should I scratch out how much I blew on a perfume set inspired by Memoirs of a Geisha? It still cost a mint even though the overtly heterosexual clerk gave me the employee discount, a boon that made me feel equal parts sexy and uncomfortable. I've seen people do it (scratch off prices, not manifest a mancrush) before, but it just seems weird and in poor taste. Plus, I don't think anyone gives a Delta Burke how much I spent on them.

The other night, I dreamt that I was sitting on a yellow couch watching ESPN, and the dude Stephen A. Smith came on. Someone gave him a large chunk of face time to just rant and rave, and I was excited, since I enjoy the SAS soliloquy. So he starts to yap, and it's not long before the overall theme is established: he thinks Derek Fisher is the best player in the NBA, and there's nothing you can say to change his mind. In my dream, I threw a really big wad of cotton candy (multiple colors) at the screen to express my frustration. Hey, DFish is not even close to being the worst dude in the league, but I just found this assertion to be absolutely preposterous (hence the cotton candy throwing).

I would ask my psychologist dad what all this signifies, but he just got some seasons of Monk on DVD and has been having a great time watching them since I came home for the holiday. I don't want to bog down his festive mood with my Derek Fisher/cotton candy-related insecurities.
He doesn't know. If anyone can offer an intepretation of my dream, I would love to hear it.

Happy holidays.

No comments: